Spaghetti and Simple Meatballs
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef or pork
2 1/2 cups Marinara
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half length wise (with a really sharp knife and some muscle). Place cut side down on a small rimmed baking sheet then put enough water on the baking sheet to come up about 1/4 inch. Bake until fork tender, about 1 hour.
2. When spaghetti squash is about half way done, prepare the meatballs. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, oregano, salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix in beef or pork until well combined. Roll into 2-inch balls -- about 10 -- and place on a plate.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place meatballs in skillet, turning them once they've browned but have not cooked all the way through.
4. Pour marinara into skillet, bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes until meatballs are cooked all the way through (165 degrees).
5. To prepare spaghetti squash, use a fork to scoop out and shred the inside into noodle-like threads. Serve with meatballs and sauce on top.